Information We Collect
The types of personal information users of our Sites may submit or that Hoptek may receive or collect include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address)
- Login credentials for the Sites
- Information (such as dietary restrictions) relating to events for which website users may register
- For Hoptek alumni, current employment information (such as title, division, and employer) and information regarding previous employment with Hoptek
- For Hoptek job applicants, personal information contained in a résumé, C.V., application and/or our recruitment template, employment history, education history, references, transcripts, and, where legally permissible, ethnicity, race, gender, disability status, and veteran status
- Other personal information found in content that users, including Hoptek alumni, provide (including through surveys)
- Other personal information Hoptek may receive from its clients as part of Hoptek’s delivery of consulting, software, or other services; which may include but may not be limited to: commercial driver data such as location data, vehicle identifier, hours of service, home address, and other information related to commercial drivers
Hoptek will not consider information regarding an applicant’s ethnicity, race, or gender, or an applicant’s choice to decline to provide it, in evaluating the applicant’s qualifications for employment with us. This information will be used only for Equal Employment Opportunity reporting and other legal compliance purposes.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you use our mobile apps, we may collect data such as unique device identifiers or their equivalents.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use the Sites. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about opting out of these activities, click here.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide our products and services
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys, and market research
- Respond to your inquiries
- Process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you
- Perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information)
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products, services, websites and mobile apps; managing our communications; analyzing our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Sites, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Sites, and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect on the Sites against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information, or any other disclosures out of our control.;
Links to Other Websites and Apps
Our Sites may provide links to other websites or apps for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ or apps’ content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
How to Contact Us
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to:
Attn: Legal Department
1175 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30361
Supplemental Information for California Residents:
Effective January 1, 2020, California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) regarding their personal information.
Information Collected by Hoptek and How it is Used
CCPA Disclosure Category
The categories of personal information Hoptek collects about you.
Information We Collect;
The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected.
Information We Collect;
The business purpose for collecting your personal information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The categories of third parties with whom Hoptek shares your personal information.
Information We Share
Hoptek has not sold personal information of consumers in the preceding twelve months.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at 1-866-821-4389. [Note: please inform the operator that you are a California resident calling regarding Hoptek’s use of their personal data, and would like to file a report.]
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
If you elect to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, Hoptek will not deny services, provide a different price or rate for our services, provide a different level of service to you, or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services because you exercised such rights.